To process a name change, please mail us the following:
1. A written statement requesting the name change from “xx” to “xx” and include your license number (L00…);
2. A copy of your marriage certificate (or divorce papers). You may also submit a copy of your new Social Security card; and
3. Your original certificate. You do not have to return the plastic ID card. If you no longer have the original certificate, you may instead submit the Affidavit of Lost/Stolen Property, found here.
There is no fee for obtaining a new card or certificate due to name change by marriage/divorce.
Once we receive your materials noted above, the NCBDN will:
1. Update your name in the database, and hard copy files;
2. Issue you a new ID card; and
3. Issue you a new certificate.